1. It saves me time on getting things. Two days shipping. I like that.
2. It saves me time online. If a site wants me to spend $25 for free shipping, I will spend extra time looking for items I don't really need, or will need later, so I can get the free shipping. There is also a money savings component to this.
3. It saves me time shopping. I don't have to add the item to my shopping list. I don't have to go to the store. I don't have to spend time trying to find the item when I'm at the store.
4. It keeps me from running out of things. Actually this might just be a regular Amazon feature - but my vitamins show up automatically. Batteries for the dog's collars - same deal.
5. I don't have to buy a Netflix membership. Mind you - I never started with House of Cards. The shows I like to watch while working out are available on Prime Videos - so I'm good.
6. The music. It's not a great selection, compared to Pandora or iTunes premium, but it's enough to use when I work out, or need background music at work.
I haven't gone all in with Amazon yet. I don't have Alexa and I don't have Kindle Unlimited... yet... But given how much I like Prime, it might just be a matter of time...