Beth and I went to the Kroger Marketplace in Mt. Orab last night. Why I love it:
- Every employee is friendly. When they see me wandering through the aisles they ask if they can help.
- They have good seafood. Not Jungle Jim's seafood, but good.
- They have good meat in general. Years ago they had a slogan: Kroger means better meat. It still does. (Again, not sure they beat JJ on this one...)
- Kroger brand frozen yogurt is the best for milkshakes. By far.
- I like a lot of the Kroger brands.
- They are community minded. The Boy Scouts did a fund raiser - for $10 we got a card that saves 10% (one time use) at Kroger. The card has other fund raiser items - one being a buy one get one free 3-way at Gold Star. But the reason we bought was the Kroger discount. That and the fact that $5 of the money went back to our son Tom's scout account. Last night we saved $20 with a card, so that puts us ahead by $15.
- Speaking of community minded, they always let us sell popcorn at Kroger.
I'll admit - Kroger costs a little bit more than Meijer, at least for what we buy. But the Kroger experience is worth it. Also - with the 10% off card we come out even if not ahead.