The weather was fantastic, so we moved outdoor projects to the top of the priority list.
Specifically, Beth finished up the fall "get ready for winter" yard work and Tom and I assembled a basketball hoop.
We assembled it twice.
The first time we put the hoop on the post backwards. This became evident when we stood it up and it didn't balance well. It also explained why the fit on some of the screws was so difficult.
After the second time we had the hoop assembled.
We still have to add the height adjustment lever, and we still have to add about 300 more lb. of sand to the base. (We had about 40 lb. available.)
Pictures to follow.
THINGS WE DID ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON INSTEAD OF WATCHING THE NFL:
1. Spent quality time with extended family.
2. Read a book and did a GTD review on a flight to Canada.
3. Painted the basement wall in preparation for the new office and entertainment areas.
4. Cleaned out the detached garage.
5. Cleaned up the yard and burned up everything in the fire pit (killing lots of weeds in the process).
6. Assembled a basketball hoop.